01 May 2013

My birds



One thing that I love about this house over my La Grande one (which I was very attached to) is that the window over my kitchen sink looks out into my backyard. With my feeders up, my stream running and my neighbor's spruce, I get a lovely selection of birds.  I imagine as the neighborhood trees grow, I'll get more. So far the regulars are house finches, goldfinches,robins,red winged black birds, grackles, northern flickers, a couple different species of juncos, hummingbirds, and an occasional hawk (haven't gotten a good enough look to identify). The first pic I just found of some of the snowflakes Em,Cor, I and the kids made at Christmas time.  They covered my sliding glass door and survived long enough to get our Valentine wax hearts added to them. Made me smile as they filtered and embellished the view to my yard.



These videos will probably only be appreciated by you if you are a bird lover (I apoligize for my camera work- hadn't really gotten the hang of the new camera yet)  I love my flickers.



2 comments:

  1. What a fun dance to catch on "film"
    In the second video--it that rope ladder in your yard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful birds! Haven't seen any out my kitchen window. Guess they don't really go for rocks and dirt...:)

    ReplyDelete