11 February 2013

the ward

Now I won't say that I am completely comfortable at church yet...a lot of people don't even know my name and I don't know all of theirs. At least I have to think for a minute before I can come up with most of them.  But I AM beginning to form some beginning friendships.

Good news.  I don't have to teach Relief Society next week.  Bad news. We have a 'special sacrament meeting' with a couple of other wards next week.  Which everyone knows is to notify us of 'boundary realignments'.  We kind of knew this was coming, but I wasn't quite ready yet.  I guess it's not necessarily BAD news.  Just means some social adjustments that are always a stress on me.  I honestly never remember being in a ward that split growing up...have I (I'm directing this to Shannon, my official memory)?

Ah well.  I guess the only thing constant in life is change, as the saying goes.

3 comments:

  1. Our ward in Littleton split after we had been there a year or two. We also had some boundary adjustments in Huntsville, though I think we mainly gained members because of that. I remember the stake splitting while we were in Nebraska and I think the ward may have split too, but I don't remember it very well.

    Do you have room in your building to accomodate another ward? That's always our issue here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd come through for me, Shannon. Wow, I thought this was a first for me, but I guess just the first that will really have an impact on me. All 4 buildings that are nearby have 3 wards, but one is 2 family wards and a singles ward...because of it's location as well, I'm thinking that that is where the new ward will meet. I'm sure someone has figured it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I do remember the boundary realignments in Alabama-- as a YW we went and kidnapped all the girls who used to be in Weatherly Ward (Swensons, Simmons, Millers, etc) and took them out to breakfast in their pjs.

    I'm just waiting for another change here too-- people say it has been about a year and a half since we last split. Our stake president (who is in our ward) is an old established Herriman guy and he says that his ward has split 18 times in the last 25 or so years, but he's always managed to stay in the Herriman 1st ward!

    Hope you can hang on to some of your new friends in your new ward!

    ReplyDelete