Last week she shared a poem that she had written for school which was supposed to contain an extended metaphor. I loved her imagery and thought I would share it here (I did get permission- learning this is a good idea :).
Deception
The night is cold,
I am alone,
And weeping in my
sorrows,
But by my side,
A fires hide,
Is glowing and a
flickering.
It says hello,
Please don’t be
slow,
To heed my new
suggestion,
I'll comfort you
since your friends
are few
If only you'll step
closer.
Then warmly as it
flickers there
It seems to draw me
in,
And comfort me,
In time of need,
Through warmth and
lights affection.
But as a comfort
holds me
And the fire pulls
me closer,
My guard is dropped,
The kindness stops,
And
burns from the outside in.
![]() |
| Milla trying to get ahead at a sack race at last summer's Daddy Daughter Olympics |

Thoughtful poem; lovely daughter. Thank her for allowing you to share.
ReplyDelete