06 January 2013

Pine

January and February have often been depressing months for me.  Post Christmas excitement,cold weather that is unpleasant to be outside in, kids back in school, etc.  But I discovered something that lifted my spirits while vacuuming up a pile of dumped, crushed chips today...my vacuum is emitting a wonderful scent of pine!    I guess vacuuming up fallen needles from our tree for a month has done the trick.  I am thankful for being able to smell (one of my friends from La Grande was born without a sense of smell...never had thought of that possibility before...she'd had had 3 house fires in the years she was raising her family, largely because she didn't detect things burning early enough to prevent the fires' spread!).  One more blessing.

2 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing too as I was vacuuming this last week :)

    Love the new background for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our tree is still up, still dropping needles, still smelling nice. Ana even commented that the other day that our living room smells like Christmas tree. Aah. But I think this is it's last day indoors. Time to plant potatoes soon!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete