06 January 2013

Maybe I'M the one with the pitch problem

So Catherine is the only child that enjoys going to choir with me.  I love having something to share with her and I love the company during practices.  Only problem is she sings quite loudly in my ear...and not (usually) the right notes, bless her heart.  Only way to learn, though, is to practice so I just smile and try to lean in to the alto on the other side of me to get my notes.

This past week the kids have been spending a lot of time singing and dancing to Catherine's new karaoke machine.  They've had a blast.  It looked too fun so I finally asked Catherine if I could sing one of the songs with her.  She agreed.  I thought I was doing pretty well until, just a few lines in Catherine paused the music. Leaning close to me, so as not to embarrass, she whispered..."Mom, just so you know you are a bit high.  Could you bring it down a little? It's messing me up."  ;)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. Those boys have the moves for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That is funny CarrieAnn. Looks like a great present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how did Sean and Thomas learn those moves? From Brandon's side of the family? I know a few Clarks can dance certain genres, but I've never seen a Clark do hip dance-pop style so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Coreen: I don't think either side of the family could have taught this. They were just born with it, I guess. Sean has his own groove goin' and always has.

    ReplyDelete