16 November 2011

Marshmallow roasting

 We finally got a firepit for the patio I put in last summer!  We got our first marshmallow roast (burn) in just before the first snowfall.  Really nice to be outside and actually USE our backyard.  Nala, our neighbors new hound puppy was going wild not being able to share in our feast, but we thought we probably shouldn't share (Henry did, however, get one marshmallow away from me when I wasn't looking).  We decided to go with the jumbo sized marshmallows that are advertised as being for roasting...not the best idea.  It takes forever to get the center soft before burning the outside (or before I lose patience), and there is no way to get a bite out of
one without smearing it all over every thing.  You can see my attempt  to the left there.  Not pretty.  Not pretty at all.  Not having graham crackers but having a leftover hershey's bar from Halloween, Catherine made chocolate sandwiches with hers...ah, well, everything is more fun when you are covered in sugar, right?
Thomas was more intrigued by the fire than the marshmallows

Sean doing a much better job than I was

Sticky hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment