17 November 2011

Chrismas suprises

Brandon got me a Christmas cactus a few years back.  This is a plant for the soul.  When everything else is slowing, hunkering down for the months (and months-- in our case) of cold winter weather, this plant suddenly emerges with delicate blossoms.  A little bright spot for my day.  And the funny thing is, that every year come October I look at my little plant and think, 'it looks so weary!  I'm not sure I'll get any blossoms this year'.  And then not a month later those little buds appear, sometimes 2, on every single stem.

 One of God's little gifts to make me smile.


Another little bright spot in my day. Rin is always doing a craft, building shadow box, etc using whatever she can scrap together...here is this weeks creation 'Reindeer Dog'

1 comment:

  1. The first time I saw a Christmas cactus about 20 years ago I thought, What an ugly plant! Then I saw one in bloom and they've grown on me. Grandma gave me one when I was at BYU but it only bloomed one year for me.
    Yours is lovely.
    Love Catherine's dog.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete