29 April 2015

Nursing: Step 1

So I'm half way through week 3 of my 4 week CNA class and really enjoying it.  Mon/Tues/Weds of next week are clinicals!  24 hours of shadowing CNA's at a long term care/memory care facility in Englewood.  I'm fairly excited about it, even considering the fact that it is 40 minutes away and I have to be there at 6am. ;)  At least I'll beat rush hour!

I'll be taking the state board exam/practicals the weekend after I get back from Puerto Rico.  That solves my dilemma of how to keep myself preoccupied on the long flight back from the islands! (study, more study...)  Once I pass (staying optimistic here), I'll be licensed to look for a new job!  Not planning to until August but it will be good to be ready to go.  And enjoy my kids for the summer!
Well, at least I thought I would have a break just to play with the kids....but the Bishop had different plans.  New calling this Sunday...you know that big one that is like having another part time job?....which I feel right about and at peace with, but I will admit that I have had a few cries since finding out.  No rest for the weary.  May slightly affect Nursing: Steps 2 and 3, but it will all come about as it needs to, so I'm just going with it. *BIG SMILE*  

I can't really complain.  I have a beautiful family, that besides a few gray hairs, is a constant support to me, we have better health than literally ANY other family I know (except maybe Shannon's?  But then she shows me up on everything), I have a loving husband, and don't have financial stressors that plague so many, and I have a faith that gives me peace.  No doubt this calling will end up being one more blessing as the opportunity to serve usually is!

Last Thursday was 'Bring your child to Work Day'.  Catherine thought my 'work' would be more fun than Papa's so she came with me. ;)
And it was!  After the 2 hour lecture, I got to use my gait belt to transfer her to the wheelchair, get her positioned with the bedpan, and assist her with feeding.  Then she pretty much just played with the wheelchair popping wheelies and such to finish out the day...

3 comments:

  1. Man, I love it that you are posting so often! How fun that Catherine came with you-- I don't think we've ever sent Kyah to work with Jared.

    Good luck with your new calling. I don't envy you in the slightest :), but I know you are perfect for the job. Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never got to go to bring your child to work day. I guess needing a security clearance made going with dad a little difficult. Did anyone ever go with mom?

    My condolences on your calling. Isn't this your second time? I know you'll be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I like that you know the correct response to getting this calling, Shannon ;) And yes second. I'm will be the *5th* rs pres in this ward since we moved here 3 years ago. Should this worry me or give me hope?

    I remember going with mom once. Actually I remember visiting each of her 'clients' once with her in the hospital and then falling asleep on a chair at the end of the hallway for the rest of her shift...you are amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete