THOMAS
What an awesome kid. I look forward every night to tucking this kid in. After the scriptures, prayer, song routine, I can just lay by him and chat. He's not generally a talker, but at night he has all sorts of things to say: thoughts, questions, musings, curiosities. All good stuff.
My baby is 9!!
After morning presents and skylander cake, we had a hangout 'yes' day (that's from Alyssa's family ;). Played games, random treats and such. Then as soon as Brandon got home from work we picked up Thomas' friend Charlie and headed over to the 'Family Fun Center'. You always worry when they have to put 'Fun' in the title, right? But we actually had a really good time. One more friend joined us over there. 3 rounds of Laser Tag (which I pretty much stink at...but still enjoyed) and then many MORE rounds of bumper cars, and then obstacle course racing (and no, I never beat the 9-10 yr olds, but I totally rocked it against Brandon!). I was tired. And feeling more than my young 39 years. A couple head first leaping dives over inflatable mountains takes it out of you. Once I got the tuck and roll down, though, it went much better. Then came rock climbing. I 'let' all of the kids go first. Really just needed to catch my breath. I saw Catherine make it all the way to the *very high* top and knew I had to do it. Two moves off of the ground and my hands were sweating like a pig and I knew I was in trouble. Stay calm and don't look down. Stay calm and really don't look down. Proud to say that I made it! Woo-hoo! So pleased with myself. Got down and am like, 'Brandon! Let me see the picture of me at the top!' And he's like, 'oops'. Sooo. No proof, but I never lie ;)
Nana gifted some magnifying glasses. Forget looking at small things when fires can be made!
Fire! Now we need something to burn.... Mama had a whole bag of past tax documents to part with. Ahhhh. Kept us nice and toasty.
(we did move to the fire pit for this one)



Sounds fabulous! I love the cake you made-- always so creative. And nicely done on the rock climbing wall-- you're a machine :).
ReplyDeleteHappy BD Thomas! We were thinking of you.
Happy Birthday, Thomas and great job with the rock climbing, Carrie!
ReplyDeleteI also find that my kids are much more talkative right at bedtime. I think part of it is just not wanting to go to bed. But it is so fun hearing their thoughts that I sometimes let strict bedtimes slide. Maybe we need more down time together during the day. : )