Well, I have one happy little girl this morning. Two weeks ago we discussed our individual year goals again at family home evening. Both Rin and Thomas have had a goal to learn to ride their bikes without training wheels. This involves my help(which is probably why it hasn't happened before now...). Anyhow, since then I have been going out 2 mornings a week circling the HS track with each of them . Catherine decided her goal was to go around the track once all on her own and as a reward her and I would have a mommy daughter date of her choosing. So today she did it! She was all smiles (as was her mom). "This is so much more fun than with training wheels!" she said while riding. She also gave sisterly advice to Thomas on the way home about how worth it it was to keep trying until he gets it.
Rin as also marked 'Learn to count to 20 in Spanish' off her list. This she did all on her own: finding a website for kids to teach her and then getting up early to practice each morning until she got it.
She's been one ambitious child this summer. The beginning of August had Rin developing her lemonade sale business. She told me she wanted to do one so I told her that was great but she needed a plan and some money for ingredients to get started. We worked up a plan together (what to use for a table, how to make the signage, how to get business, etc) and then she asked what she could do to earn money. I told her the fridge could use a clean out....(kind of expecting this to slow her down) and 5 minutes late the whole contents of the fridge were out on my counter top. She hasn't made alot of money but has covered expenses and has a lot of fun pulling out all her supplies and setting up everytime her friend Ahna comes over. My little go getter.

Go Catherine! I wish we could ride bikes in the Summer here.
ReplyDeleteCarrie, she looks just like you did in that picture. :)
Shannon
Yay, Catherine! Hopefully her love affair with biking only grows from here.
ReplyDelete