25 December 2018

Christmas Surprise!

Water! 
I love water. Just not plumbing.
We woke up to a few surprises on Sunday morning. Those pictured along with some warped wooden flooring in our main floor bath. 

 

Luckily the drywall was dryish so we knew it probably wasn't an active leak of a copper pipe full of water, but rather from a drain pipe. I was much calmer after getting out the hammer and opening up the wall a bit. Ahhh. So therapeutic. I really need to knock some walls down...
Anyhow, after some detective work we determined it was probably from the girls bathtub, but we couldn't get anything to leak again for us. Stupid plumbing. ;)

Christmas eve morning, though, we had some very nice professionals out, for the low price of $179, that determined it was from the bath overflow- not the main drain- the seal of which came loose after being jarred a bit by the girls repeatedly turning the overflow cover upside down to enable them to get a deeper bath. We've all done it, right? You know you have. ;)

We let the boys go at it cutting out the basement damage.


You are wondering why they didn't put down a tarp on the pool table before starting demo. We all are. 
Good clean family fun. Well, not so clean, I guess. But thankfully not as big a deal as it could have been.

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw your first pic I had a horrible flashback to your flood when I was visiting in Oregon! I'm glad it wasn't as bad as that.

    And actually, it has never even occurred to me to twist the overflow drain upside down! Then again, I don't do baths, so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyre family making lemonade out of... dirty bath water.

    ReplyDelete