Just a few beauties that I've gotten my camera out for this spring...
 |
| White orchids I cut the stalk completely off maybe 2 years ago (actually 13 blooms/buds- some are hidden). Pink ones I just cut off the flower shoot 1-1/2 years ago (six blooms). They actually do come back! I had completely given up hope for any new flowers when these both sent out blooms in the SAME WEEK. Nature is a mystery. But good for surprises. |
 |
| My blue eyed babe. Being a goof. |
 |
| Ahh, fritillaria. Your vibrant shades against winter golds, your disregard for April snows. |
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen Fritillaria. Those are stunning shots.
ReplyDeleteLovely. Did you plant the fritallaria or is it a wild flower? I've never seen or heard of it before.
ReplyDeleteIt's a bulb I planted. They seem to like it here, though! There are other larger varieties 'crown imperial' that I've seen blooming at the temple here. Same flower shape but on steroids that are clustered w/ a hat of leaves.
Delete