26 September 2014

Friday morning miracles

This morning was full of miracles and fun surprises. First, I woke up late at 6:15, meaning Milla was 20 min late to seminary.  The miracle was that I went to bed at 8:45 pm and slept the whole night through.  I've been exhausted all week and have had headache after headache.  Finally a day with a clear head!

2nd little miracle was our owl egg.  Not really a miracle, I guess, but we thought it was cool enough to take a picture of.  The pan wasn't quite heated through when I cracked 2 eggs in one after another.  We thought it looked cooler when the whites were still clear, but the camera was upstairs and I'm not in that great of shape. ;)



Look closely, what do you see?

After harvesting some broccoli from the garden a few days ago, I discovered a soft green caterpillar climbing up one of the stems.  So cute!  I trimmed off the part he was on and put it in a jar, added some sticks and closed it off with some cheese cloth.  Expecting the worst when I checked it a day or two later (I've seen many dead bugs in jars in my days), I was thrilled to see that the caterpillar had instead climbed onto one of the sticks and made himself a little chrysalis.  Miracle #3!  I felt like a little kid again, wanting to tell everyone I saw today about my little caterpillar.  Ahh, life.  Amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I love your morning of simple pleasures :). I've been worried about you ever since hearing about your vertigo incident. I am so happy that you got some good sleep! Many loves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is so full of simple wonders if we take the time to look, or notice them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete