05 August 2014

kidless

kidless day #1:
    1. drop kids off at airport at 6am.  wait to leave until 7:45 when their flight was supposed to have taken off.  During which time I lost Quizup 50 states quiz to a Brit.
    2. return home. spend 3 hours stripping old sealer off of my back patio with stripper, a putty knife, and a wire brush attached to my drill.  Took a break during which I calculated that at my current rate it would take me 10 days to finish stripping the patio before I could stain it.
   3. decided 'what's another hour' and picked out a spanish movie to watch on netflix called blancanieve (snow white) to use for my practice time.  was 5 minutes in before it occurred to me that I had yet to hear anyone say a word of spanish.  looked back at the movie description. it's a silent movie.  haha.  Picked a different movie.  ate an entire tupperware of 1/2 sugar tapioca pudding (shannon's idea).  decided 1/2 sugar doesn't probably do any good if you eat twice as much.
  4.  30 minutes in, paused the movie to work on the patio for 2 more hours.  tried out some different techniques to try to quicken the pace.  decided I wasn't going any faster. began to rain. cleaned up and puttered for a while. suddenly a thought.  'cover the whole patio in stripper.  wait 2 hours.  powerwash it.'  it has to work. my prayers are answered.
  5.  look around the house at laundry on the couch, bed unmade. sheets in dryer. dishes undone. etc. etc. 5pm.  but knowing Brandon had a late meeting and wouldn't be home until 6:30 decided to run to Home Depot for more stripper and clean when I got home.
  6. found different stripper in concrete section.  looked at instructions: cover the whole patio in stripper.  wait 2 hours.  powerwash it.  Seriously.  I was so inspired.
  7. return purse found in abandoned shopping cart to customer service. good deed done. check
  8. return home to find Brandon home early.  oops.  guess i'll get to cleaning tomorrow. ;)

Ever have one of those days that you work your rear off and don't feel you actually got anything done?

2 comments:

  1. re: "During which time I lost Quizup 50 states quiz to a Brit." Haha! That's embarrassing :P
    But, your stripper inspiration later probably redeems you :) stripper inspiration heehee!

    "Ever have one of those days that you work your rear off and don't feel you actually got anything done?"- All the time!
    Enjoy your "vacation" !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sounds like a four-day painting spree in November will be a breeze!--No stripping required.

    ReplyDelete