Why is it that we can be so hard on others? Despite our own personal stuggles in life, we somehow often fail to recognize that others probably have unique but equally difficult struggles of their own.
You all know that I'm not a big facebooker as the anxiety of putting posts up for all to see is just too much for me. However, I do still read on occasion. If you think that facebook is for only quick bantering, you haven't seen Spencer's page! I spent a good HOUR or more of my time the other day (thanks a lot, Spen ;) reading his recent posts and the lengthy responses of other family members. How grateful I am for my family (extended included) that can relate varying opinions with respect and the desire for understanding.
One of my favorite scriptures that I come to again and again is Proverbs 14:6
"A scorner seeketh wisdom and findeth it not; but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth"
Critisism never leads to increased light and progression, in my opinion. It blinds the eyes and distorts the truth. Only by approaching others with the desire to understand will bring us unity. Are we not all children of the same God? For all the diversity in the world, do we not all, in the end, just want to be loved, be accepted and be understood by those around us?
Okay. With that said, what do y'all think of my new 'do?

Can't wait to see it in person. :)
ReplyDeleteAackk! I was just thinking today that I should call you and see if you had your hair done. It is waaay cute. It isn't quite what I had pictured in my mind when you described what you wanted, but I like it!
ReplyDeleteLove the scripture you found too. I often have felt that to be true.
Love the hair. You're beautiful.
ReplyDelete