As my family made my birthday Spanish themed this year, I thought I would write about it en Espanol. Mom and Shannon, perhaps if you see any glaring mistakes you can offer me kind corrections (just don't tell me I should begin completely over, or I'll probably cry ;)
Mi Cumpleanos
Ayer, tuve un cumpleanos maravilloso! Primero, Sean y Catherine me hicieron el desayuno: el pan, un huevo, y una naranja. Entonces yo abri mis regales. Me recibi una poema con marco escrito a Milla, un dibujo a Catherine, cheez-its, y chocolate. Despues de los ninos salieron para escuela, Brandon me llevo hacer una excursion a pie a el canon de Williams cerca Colorado Springs. Estuvo el dia perfecto para una excursion: hizo sol y 70 grados. La excursion hizo tranquila y apartada. Vimos las cascadas, las cuevas, y contamos diez mariposas.
En el camino de la casa, hicimos comprar en un vivero a mirar las plantas de casa. Elegi tres plantas por mi regalo de cumpleanos.
Estoy entusiasmados! Las plantas me alimentan a mi alma.
Okay, I told you I was going to give a translation a try :)
ReplyDelete"My Birthday. My birthday was marvelous! First, Sean and Catherine gave me bread and an egg and a ninja. It was regal. Milla wrote me a poem, and my Djiboutian Catherine gave me cheez-its and chocolate. Despite the kids slimy escargo, Brandon and me went on an excursion for pie in a cannon, made by Mr. Williams in Colorado Springs. It was a perfect day for an excursion-- I'd rate it a 70. (Umm, since when is 70 percent considered perfect?) It was tranquil and serene. We saw cascading, curvy, contaminated butterflies."
"In a camino at our house, we compared the vivid plants in a mirror. There were three regal plants for my birthday. I am very enthusiastic! The plants gave ailments to my Alma."
See, told you Spanish is a piece of cake :) Even though I don't know Spanish, I applaud your efforts!
Loves!
Wow, Lys! Impressive. You're right; Spanish is just like English. (except you did get a little off on the ninja part...that would have been awesome! There's always next year, though ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had such a great birthday! What kind of plants did you get? My first ever Spanish Textbook was called 'Churros y Chocolate.' Hence reading 'Cheez-its y Chocolate' made me smile. :)
ReplyDeleteBien hecho! I also second the "Cheez-its and Chocolate" appreciation.
ReplyDeleteA couple small pointers:
I think "escrito a Milla, un dibujo a Catherine" would "escrito por (by) Milla" and "un dibujo de (from) Catherine."
The "Estuvo" in "Estuvo el dia" would be "Fue", though I'm not sure I can explain offhand why, given typical ser vs. estar rules.
Estoy entusiasmado," rather than "Estoy entusiasmados," assuming there's still only one of you.
El ultimo comentario fue mio. -- Andrew
ReplyDeleteGracias, Andrew! Siento que 'ser' y 'estar' seran tambien dificil. ;)
ReplyDelete