Emmy and Coreen will be arriving at the Denver International Airport in exactly 7 hours. So exciting! They were wise to come early as a big storm is supposed to be rolling in tonight... Yea for Christmas snow! We may get to go sledding yet. In La Grande they would always close off certain sections of hilly street for us to sled on when the snow came (cars couldn't have gotten up them anyhow). One was so steep, it felt I was throwing myself (well myself and whatever child was seated in front of me) off of a precipice in a run that ended with big sticks of metal we had to avoid crashing into. Amazing there were few injuries. I do love the thrill of the fall, but the landings are a little rough for my poor 36 yr old heart...had to do a quick calculation there. Not really THAT old. While reading to the kids last night, though, Thomas was wandering around as usual and picked up the Ronald Reagan stamps I had yet to put away (note previous post). Not knowing who Reagan was, I commented that he was the president when I was HIS age. To this Sean found the perfect opportunity to tease 'Are you sure? Wasn't that Thomas Jefferson or someone? No, no, it must have been Abraham Lincoln. HA ha. No wait, Thomas Edison. It was Thomas Edison. Oh, except he wasn't a president was he. Well then...' And he went on. Even Catherine chimed in with a few suggestions. I must say that my children can make a pretty good list of pre-1900 presidents. I would have been impressed if it weren't for the fact that they were making fun of me. :) Go public schools.
Apparently yesterday my middle schoolers got a taste of Bill Nye the Science Guy. Ahh Bill. Made for excited dinner conversation about the explosions/fire resulting from putting large amounts of sodium into water. Milla was bothered by the fact that she regularly shook onto her food something that contained this element. And that the other involved element was poisonous on it's own. Hmmm.
So Em and Cor, just a little taste of what you have to look forward to in a few short hours! Oh, and if you have some extra idle time as you travel, you could always begin some sketches in preparation for the gingerbread 'Labyrinth' that is slated for construction on Saturday. Loves
4:56 AM and already up posting? You must really be excited about seeing your sisters. Have a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteThat snow you are supposed to be getting turned to rain here and melted all our snow. :( However, the weatherman promises more of the white stuff in the coming days.
Mom
CarrieAnn, I swear you have the most creative and fun family ever. (BTW, loved your Christmas card.) I am sure that Coreen will never want to come to our house again after experiencing Christmas at yours (we were kind of bumps on a log at Thanksgiving). Give them my loves!
ReplyDelete