15 September 2012

Car fun

Here is the branch...


Here is the van...

Put them together and you get $6500 worth of damage and a month without transportation.

After the pre move chaos of being without a husband, packing, trying to keep a clean house for viewing, planning kid goodbye parties and dealing with Henry getting run over and crippled, I thought nothing else could happen to add stress to my life.  Then 2 days before we were to set off on our road trip out of La Grande we had a 5 minute wind storm and my neighbor's maple lost a limb right on my van.  Although every side of the van needed repair, we were blessed that the windshield didn't break, all the doors could open and shut, and it was completely drivable.  I couldn't get it in for repairs until August 20th...the first day of school.  Consequently, though, it made for a good excuse to get Thomas' on his bike and have some precious time together each day.  So I'm not complaining.  Although I will feel alot less stranded when I get the van back on the 19th (fingers crossed)!  Note to fam: double check the car policy to make sure you actually have that rental coverage you thought you did. :)


1 comment:

  1. I have been so caught up in my own chaos that I never called you to talk about yours. So sorry. Glad that the car was still drive-able though. Here's hoping the car is back and life is settling down.

    ReplyDelete