18 January 2012

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...

Rin's Snowmen.  I especially liked the leprechan & Steelers player

What we came home to on Monday afternoon.
 We finally got our winter.  Yeah!  Sean was especially excited, "Mama, if we ever move anywhere, I want it to be somewhere with MORE snow".  Hmmm.  I do love the snow.  And then I love to see it go.  This is beautiful, though, light and fluffy but packs into a good snowball.  Perhaps I've enjoyed it so much because I haven't had to use the car today.  Morning Kindergarten was cancelled, and the other kids school was delayed 2 hours, giving us time to do the latter pictured activities.  Kids might have to put up their bikes for a time, though.  Sean and Rin have continued riding into January.  Finally let Rin ride her bike home without me after Christmas break.  The hill is so steep it scares me, but she seems to be getting much better control and says she walks it on the steepest block (thankyou!).

What we woke up to on Wednesday morning

A little snow baseball with the boys (snowman playing first base)

Sean's snowman on the left looks like it's melting...I would too if someone was coming at me with a sharp stick, poor thing
Last night Sean threatened.  'Don't you dare shovel in the morning mom.  I want to do it!'  Then Milla pipes up, 'But I wanted to, Sean!'  I told them I think there is enough sidewalk and snow to go around.  True to their promise, the walk was shoveled when I finally rolled out of bed this morning (later than usual as I woke with a sinus headache and had already recieved the phone call at 6am that school was delayed) Rin came in at 7, 'Mom!  where are the truck keys?  I want to go clean it off!'.  She seemed to really enjoy herself.  Although with her short stature she gave the truck more of a 'mohawk' look than a complete 'shave'.
 
Fun stuff.  Only downer right now is that Brandon has been sick since Sunday with congestion and a cough.  It's made worse by the fact that he has a random habit of blacking out momentarily when he coughs. Which he can deal with when he's sitting down, but standing on hard floors or driving makes it a little more of a concern.  Luckily he got out of his meeting in Baker tonight because of the storm so he won't have to drive alone.

Happy snow day!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like we aren't going to get whatever is leftover from your storm after all. High 40's isn't too conducive to snow! No complaints from me....

    It looks fun from here though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautiful to walk in yesterday. Today though is rain and nasty slush...I'm sure you'll get your storm eventually, Lys. ;) And I'll take your 'warm' winter weather.

      Delete